4.03.2013

my favorite go-to recipe: taco salad

I was realizing that I have been making this dinner a whole lot lately and the family LOVES it and it's filling and pretty good for you too, so I thought I would pass it along.  (Hey, Food Network will not be asking for the recipen or anything because it's super basic, but it just might be right up your alley.)
The best thing about this recipe is that I always have the main ingredients on hand at all times, so I can make it pretty much any time.
I just brown ground turkey, with taco seasoning:
I heat a can of our favorite beans (we use pinto or black bean)
Then we serve the turkey and beans on romaine lettuce and then we top it with tomatoes, avocados, grated cheese, green onions, and salsa. (Sour cream is really tasty too if you have it.)  We will top it with a few crumbled tortilla chips for some additional crunch.
The kids LOVE the turkey and beans and can't get enough of the avocados.  This will definitely be one of those recipes that the kiddos remember from their childhood! It's so easy and the family loves it.  Those two factors make it a winner to me♥.
Did I mention that Eden loves this dinner!?
Also, if you need any help with kitchen organization, Eden Marie is your girl!