4.15.2013

catching up...

Last week we tagged along with Kit to Hume Lake for conference.  It was really fun to be together!
Here are some highlights:
Driving on long trips with the kiddos is not my favorite but I have found the key to my little people:
Snacks for Eden and a Mac product for Ryder:
We love Bravo Farms off of the 99.  Ryder was in heaven!
Then on our way to Hume, we stopped to see the beautiful sequoia trees!
Then we got to camp:
We got to spend time by the lake and take walks with our friends the Larson's.  Ryder and James do SO well together!
They love each other!
 
I love this kid's face!
We walked around the lake:
Explored the new fort that was built in the elementary camp:
I will always remember how sweet it was to carry Eden in her carrier.  She is always so snuggly!
Ryder loved being outside and getting to be in the mountains.  
I will be honest. The first night, we really didn't sleep very much with the kids waking each other up and trying to sleep in a new place.  It's amazing how sleep deprivation makes me feel like I'm going crazy!  I am learning how to be more flexible in traveling with the kids.  I know that it will get easier. 
Overall, we had a wonderful time and we are excited to go back!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other crazy news, our little girl is showing herself to be very smart and incredibly fearless:
She moved her chair so that she could climb up on the couch:
(It's so funny how she put her little arm on the arm rest...)
Then she climbed up on the fire house in Ryder's room:
(She has seen Ryder do it, and apparently this girl has a very fearless side...)
She is taking so many steps and walking all over the house and getting into all sorts of stuff.
She is crazy FAST!
Our hands are definitely full with this little girl!