4.09.2013

recent additions to our children's book collection

We recently added some fun new additions to our library and with how much we have enjoyed them, I wanted to pass along the titles to you!  
Flora and the Flamingo is only illustrations, but the pictures are so precious!  Ryder makes up his own story about what is happening in the picture.
 Mo Willems is hilarious.  Some of our favorites of his are all of the "Knufflebunny" books and "Don't Let the Pidgeon Stay Up Late."  Plus you know we have a thing for dinosaurs around here♥.
 Pirate vs. Pirate is a really sweet story about two battling pirates who fall in love.  The illustrations are awesome and you know that we have had pirates on the brain recently.
Tea Rex is a really cute story about inviting a dinosaur over for a tea party.  The illustrations are awesome and I am so excited to add this one to the kids library.
(I love that it is about a brother and sister too!)
Plus I may have added a few to my own collection:
I love Shauna Niequist.
I am saving her book Bread and Wine for our trip to Napa.
(We'll see if I can wait...)
This book A Homemade Year just came out and it's about celebrating special holidays around the liturgical calendar.  I can not wait to try some of the crafts and recipes that she has!
I have been trying to make a habit of taking 20 minutes to read when the kids are down for their afternoon nap.
It has made such a difference on our day.
I can't wait to get into these new additions!