4.04.2013

odds and ends

Here are a few little things that have been going on around here:
We have been going back and forth to ouor peditricians office tryiong to figure out when Eden is teething and when she has an ear infection.  Three out of the four visits in the last few months have been for teething.  So of course when she actually has an ear infection, I write it off as teething.  I feel like I just can't win with it.  I am so happy that she got the medicine she needed and has been back to her old self.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love how it came out!  It's bright and cheery and yellow and gray will always remind me of Eden!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ryder is increasingly more and more fascinated with the camera and taking pictures.  He doesn't like to be in them because he wants to stand with whoever is taking the photo to see the picture.
I wonder where he gets it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ryder's Uncle Andrew and Aunt Mal hooked him up with his sweet ride.  He LOVES it and wants to be in it every chance that he gets!
When he isn't riding in his carseat in the big car, he is cruising our street in his car, giving all the neighborhood kids a ride. It is so cute! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Eden Marie weaned herself from nursing at 13 months exactly.  I was really excited to hit the one year mark and to not have ANY trouble this time around with breastfeeding.  I am not going to lie to you though, I think we were both ready to be done.
Speaking of my Eden Marie, here is what she is up to if left unattended for more than two seconds:
She has recently learned how to wave good bye and hello and to blow kisses.  I makes Kit and I melt every time!  She is a pistol.  She is going to give us a run for our money, which my mom loves to gently remind me that it's only fair since that's exactly what I did to my parents.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our new favorite book is "Brown Bear, Brown bear, What Do You See?" by Bill Martin and Eric Carle.  
We learned the song through his speech therapist and Ryder LOVES it.  It is probably the most requested book right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We booked our weekend away to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary!  I am so excited!  
We are heading up to Napa Valley and staying in Calistoga at an incredible resort.  
I can not wait!  My parents are going to be with the kiddos and I know that I will hardly be missed.  (It will be my first time away from Eden and my first two night away from Ryder.  It will be a great chance to get away and relax!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So those are just a few of the little things that are going on in our neck of the woods.  I hope that you have a great day, my friends!