4.18.2013

creating: (more) magnet boards

This post should be titled: I think I might be addicted to magnet boards.  I really like their versatility and  they have been so easy to make, so of course, if one is good, than four is better♥...
I do have a method to my madness.  Ryder has three specific things that we use the boards for: speech therapy projects and homework, daily devotionals and projects for church, and photos and special notes.  I have noticed that as we have gotten further and further along, having a little more space for each thing has turned out to be really nice and has helped me stay much more organized!
I had these frames from when we initially did Ryder's room:
I can't tell you how many times I almost donated them, but I am so glad that I kept them.
So Ryder helped me transform them:
(He ONLY watched and stood on the metal sheet to feel like he was part of the process.  I think it was too dangerous to have him actually help because of all the sharp edges of the metal.)
 Tin cutters are one of my favorite tools...
 I used these small felt circles to make sure the metal was flush with the frame.  
(These are also the felt pads I use when I have made tile coasters.)
We added them here in his room:
Before:
After:
I love how it fills the wall space!
With our stuff on it: 
I hope that you have a great day my friends!