7.28.2015

framed nostalgia

When we got married, our "party favor" from our wedding was from a friend in Italy who hand crocheted doilies, tied in little bundles that contained Jordan almonds and an embossed card with our names on them.  It was incredible!
Italian translation for sposi: "to marry, to embrace, to wed, to be newlyweds"
I came across some extra cards at my parents house that she had given us and I really wanted to do something special with them.  Here is what I decided to do:
I placed it up in our bedroom, in our reading corner next to this ampersand I'd been eying for a while:
And here is the finished product:
Before:
After:
(Including my sweetest little helper...)
Every time I look at that corner of our bedroom, I remember what an incredible wedding day we had and what a beautiful beginning it was to our marriage.  I am so thankful for reminders that take me to places of joy and thankfulness in my heart, that wake me up to ALL that we have in this life that we get to share together... 
It's quickly becoming my favorite spot in our home!♥