7.15.2015

pig tails, braids, and buns, oh my!

It is only in the last several months that I have gotten into doing other things with Eden's hair.  She really didn't have much until she turned two, so head bands and clips were what we had to work with. Then all of the sudden, especially this summer with all the swimming and being outdoors, I have had to step up my game.  So here is my little girl in her current favorites:
Buns/pig tails:
 And braids:
(The first time that we did these were at the cabin last week...)
She couldn't decide which one she liked more so she kept having me change it between these two.  She kept saying how beautiful they were and how excited she was about them.  Oh how I love having a little girl!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look at these pictures and I realize how fast this whole childhood thing goes.  It really flies by.   I was thinking the other day about what being a mother is like, especially with our mother daughter relationship.  Here is how it feels right now: It feels like a special dance, with intricate and complicated dance moves that I really want to learn because I love my little dance partner so much.  I feel clumsy and uncoordinated sometimes but when we nail it, it's the best feeling in the world!  I look forward to dancing with this girl for the rest of our lives...♥