7.29.2015

House projects can be like open heart surgery...

...you never want to walk in on the middle of it.
One of my first clinical rotations, I was able to observe open heart surgery, specifically: a quadruple bypass.  Watching the sweet patient from pre-op to recovery was an absolute, mind-boggling miracle.  But there was one point in the middle of the surgery that I thought, "If the family came in right now, there would be no way they would ever believe things would end up ok."   What you need is to trust your surgeon,  that he knows what he's doing and that he will leave things better than how they found them.  Now I know that is a dramatic analogy for house projects, but I can't tell you how many times during a house project or renovation that I have thought, "Kit knows what he's doing and the 'surgery's' not over yet..." I trust him when he says he knows what he's doing.  He has backed it up so many times...
Case in point: Mounting our TV and rerouteing some of our electrical outlets and wiring.
Here is what we started with:
Here is what I walked in on:
(Actually fairly minor for some of the house projects that we have done...)
Here's the finished product:
We spend so much time in this room and Kit has wanted to do this since we moved in. 
It feels nice to have this checked off the list.♥