1.30.2012

meal planning

Good morning!  How was your weekend?
It's monday and that means that I am getting all organized for the week.
I have never been the quickest  when it comes  to meal planning and food budgets.  However, over the last month, I have been planning the week's meals on monday and grocery shopping for those meals and I have been spending way less, and we have been throwing  SO MUCH less food out, and we have been eating much healthier!  I know, some of you have been doing this kind of planning for a long time, and what can I say, I'm a little slow.   So we are off to the grocery store to get our week of food organized...
ps:I use this day of the week mouse pad and it really helps with making the list of meals as well as making the grocery lists that go with them.
Here are some recipes we are trying this week:
(Thanks to Real Simple Magazine)
Creamy spinach enchiladas
Slow-cooker chicken tikka masala
Slow cooker spaghetti bolognese
and these turkey sloppy joes:
Brown 1  pound of ground turkey in canola oil with 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped clove of garlic in a large skillet.  Mix in 1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce, 1/4 cup each of dark brown sugar and barbecue sauce, and 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce; season with salt and pepper.  Simmer until thickened.  Serve on hamburger buns with coleslaw.