1.11.2012

big kid bed

Before Kit headed off to Florida, we decided to make a family event of putting together his big boy bed.
We talked it up, we were all gooey talking about the dark thing.  (So far, I don't think that we put this much energy into getting him excited about his baby sister...Lots of preparations being made around here.)
So anyway, here was the process of putting the bed together.
 We picked the bed out at IKEA and I have to say, it went together really easily.
Ryder insisted on wearing his dad's head lamp, which was the funniest, sweetest thing. He was NOT going to take it off,  he was doing some real work!
Enjoying the space with his dad...
(I know that you have seen this picture but I just love it so much, I figured I would post it again as the "after")
So, if you ask Ryder to take you to his bed, he takes you to it, and I have found him multiple times bringing his blankets from his crib to his big kid bed and laying there.  He hasn't slept on it yet, but he LOVES it so I think that we are on a good track.  I am hoping that this transition is as smooth as it can be and that we make it really positive for him.  Already, we spend most of our time in that room.  We are very thankful that so far things are going well.