1.17.2012

Eden's room updates...

We have been having so much fun getting the kids rooms all ready.  Ryder has been loving his new space.  We are approaching the big boy bed very slowly but I think that he is going to do great.
So it has allowed us to have some fun working on Eden's room.
First, the changing table:
We recovered the back board twice, first in a white fabric to cover the dark pattern, then we finished it in her fabric: 
 
We then attached the board to the previous strips of velcro:
Here is the finished changing table:
 We love how it came out!
Second, I have started to accessorize her book shelf.  
We have been moving Ryder's favorite books to his room so I have been placing her special items out on her bookshelf.  My mom made these dolls for her and I am so excited that they get to be displayed! 
we also plan to add to her collection:
Third, I made a little wall art for the top of her book shelf:
(Doing this project really made me realize that we are having a little girl because of getting to bring in some pink accents.)
Fourth, we are changing her crib area.  Kit's mom made a BEAUTIFUL crib skirt for when it goes back to the newborn height.  I can't wait to put it on!  I already have white crib sheets that look great with it, so when it  all comes together, it will be such a sweet little area for her to sleep (and we are praying that she does sleep, even if it's just a little bit...).  Thanks Diane for all your hard work!
For the wall by her crib, we have been collecting all of these frames from thrift stores and the large one from IKEA:
I have slowly been sanding them and spray painting them the same shade of yellow from her fabric so that they look like this:
They will be mounted on the wall by her crib.  Kit has that part all figured out...
Fifth, I plan to put this little chandelier that I got for a couple bucks at Good Will above her chair.
It went from this:

 to this: 
Here it is hanging:
I have a pillow project that my sister is doing for her favorite niece... Cole, thank you for making all the visions that this mommy has come to fruition... I love you like crazy cakes!
So those are the updates on Miss Eden Marie's room so far...
We are excited to share more of our little projects with you as we wait for her arrival!
Have a great day!