1.08.2010

Something different but VERY tasty...

I had this weird craving for eggs today and so I tried a recipe that I had found in Real Simple magazine. I varied it a little bit. Normally the combination wouldn't have sounded that good to me, but today I gave it a try and I think I have a new favorite.

All I did was this:
I turned my broiler on to hi. I then placed two pieces of sourdough bread drizzled with olive oil and kosher sea salt. I broiled them for 3 minutes on each side. On the same baking sheet, I placed a dozen cleaned asparagus (with the firm edges broken off) and broiled them for 7-8 minutes, (the asparagus was also drizzled with olive oil and salt.) Then I placed the asparagus on the bread, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and placed a egg done "over hard" on top. The combination was so tasty. It took less than 10 minutes with little clean up and I was really full.
It definitely showed me how I need to try new things more often.