1.22.2010

Making progress on our little man's room...

Some of my fabric came for our nursery yesterday and we had some fun making head way on our little man's changing table.

This armoire was the first piece of furniture that Kit and I purchased when we got married and we just love it, so we wanted to try to repurpose it to make it work in Ryder's room. I get sentimental about stuff like that...

So we took the doors off and changed some of the hardware to make it a little more user friendly for changing a little person. We decided to upholster the back to give it a little character to to hide the holes that were designed for television wires to go through.
I measured the back inset, then we went to Lowe's and bought a single sheet of bead board that fit the diameter. (Kit had to trim it a little bit but not much.) Then I glued batting to one side and trimmed the access off.
We then applied the new material that accents the one with the birds that we just love.
After glueing the material edges to the board, we placed industrial strength velcro to keep the whole board mounted.
(I'll be honest, I look totally strung out here because I had just gotten off of a 13 hour work day and man does it show on my face...)
So here is the finished changing nook...
Poor guy had been working on our new bathroom like crazy and totally helped me get this changing table exactly how I wanted it.
(Thanks honey!)