1.19.2010

A "little surprise" for Gina and Ryder...

I was out in Redlands from thursday to sunday hanging out with my family and being with our niece and nephews. Kit was with me from thursday night to saturday night. Kit had told me that he was working on a "little" surprise for Ryder and I, with the help of our Rae family.

This was what I came home to. This was the "little surprise"...
That's right, I got a new bathroom from our family for Christmas... I can't believe it!

And I have to brag on my brother Andrew... That cabinet is custom built for us, to go with that sink that Kit (and I) LOVE. He made a drawer for all of Ryders bath stuff too...
Oh my goodness, the storage!
This tub is incredible! When Kit sits in it, it goes up to his shoulder and it has ARMRESTS!!! I can't WAIT to use it. We have been joking that Ryder got a lap pool for Christmas...
Diane and I were talking about how bath times when the boys were little were such wonderful memories. They would play and Eric and Diane would sit and talk, and just watch the boys enjoy being in the tub getting clean...

I think everyone is more self conscious about their own stuff, but I have to tell you, I HATED our old bathroom. I felt like no matter how much I cleaned it, it still felt dirty and I felt like I needed everyone to be up to date on their vaccinations prior to using it it.
(I know I am being a TAD dramatic, but those that saw it and used it
know what I am talking about...)

So anyway, I will post more pictures as we tackle the finishing touches.

I just want to thank all of our family that made this INCREDIBLE bathroom possible...
Eric, Diane, Andrew, Mallory and Ryan.... Thank you SO MUCH! I love you all and I am so thankful for all you did (and do) for us.