6.27.2012

Filling our days

How we filled our days when Kit was gone:
play dates to parks:
Our friends are moving to New York and so we have been trying to get as much time together as we can...
 He would call "MAMA!!!", and then I would put my head where he could see me, and then say the cutest "Hi!" He is so precious to me...
Also, I see that every time I put him in his hat, I realize that he needs a haircut... 
It's on the list...
We had a great session with our speech therapist (Ryder is doing so well. He loves it and I am so proud of him!), we ate hotdogs for dinner at Costco, and I just loved getting to be around this face:
I can't get enough of those cheeks and she is smiling so much!
On Tuesday morning, Ryder wanted to hold my hand the ENTIRE time he ate breakfast:
It completely melted my heart!
While organizing clothes for donation, I realized that I might have a small addiction to something:
sandals.  Darn that Target!
We did yard work and mowed the lawn for Kit:
(Yard work is such a great activity for us because it gets us outside and Ryder loves running around and playing in the dirt or with his sand table, and then gets tired for nap time...)
 What a helper...
Before naps or when he is winding down, we love reading in our tent:
(the lighting is horrible but we spend so much time in there, it was worth trying to get a picture...)
When I was organizing our file cabinet, I found a questionnaire that we had given to our siblings, our parents, and grandparents to fill out.
They were so much fun to read through!
(We had given them to our families when we celebrated our five year wedding anniversary, knowing that in the coming years we would want to start our family.  What incredible wisdom and memories were shared with us on those pages♥):
How I filled my evenings:
Organizing photos:
Eating one of Kit's favorite treats: rocky road:
(Man, I really miss him!)
Modern Family reruns, blogs, and some fun reading 
(Real Simple, Food Network Magazine, and Alexander McCall Smith...)
It was my first time having the two kids for that long by myself.
It was a nice few days but I am SO HAPPY that Kit is coming home today!