6.25.2012

weekends

Happy monday friends!  I hope that you had a great weekend...
First off, thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my first day of work on friday.  It was long (515am-730pm), it was tiring (I forgot what it is like to be on your feet for 12 hours...), it was hard to be away from the kids and Kit (I cried a few times throughout the shift),  and it was rewarding.  Of the 5 families I worked with, 4 were first time moms and ALL of them had girls.  I was reminded of how much I love my job and the people that I work with.  I know that it will take a little time, but I am excited to get back in the groove of things!
I cried when I got this picture:
Oh, and Kit?  He was his usual rockstar self:  He made a trip to Costco and Smart and Final.  He made an incredible BBQ chicken dinner, the house was clean, he did the speech therapy session with Ryder, had Ryder bathed and ready for bed when I got home, and managed to talk me through my day of missing my family.
I married up!
On Sunday, we got together with my family to celebrate the June birthdays and Father's Day.
We had some exciting firsts:
Ryder used goggles for the first time:
(He loved them and did not want to take them off...)
Eden wore her first swimsuit:
(She looked like a little cupcake)
It was bright and I took her hat off for the picture, hence the look she has on her face...
That, or already she isn't a fan of bathing suit season...
It's a tough life, but someone's gotta do it:
We are pretty sure we have a thumbsucker...
Ryder got his first bike with wheels!  Thanks cousins!
(He was so excited.  He wanted Kit to let go of the handle bars.  He was convinced he could do it himself...)
So we made a game out of it:
(Thanks Papa!)
The whole family:
It was a really fun day with lots of laughter and lots of eating:
Kit is leaving today for a staff retreat until wednesday.
I am going to miss him.
We are all going to miss him.♥
I hope you have a very happy monday!
It's going to be  a great week!