6.18.2012

a recap of our weekend celebrations

We had a very fun three days celebrating Kit!
The celebration started on friday evening when we went to dinner at the Thai Table in Whittier.
Our brother Andrew had recommended it and it was SO GOOD!
(Seriously, how cute is the arm around his dad!)
 We loved the yellow curry, orange chicken, pineapple rice and beef pad thai.
(Ryder ate a ton and loved every bite! The orange chicken and pad thai were the favorites.  Eden thought her fist was amazing!)
Then we headed to Starbucks for some sweet treats.
Wasn't that nice of us to get Ryder his own mocha frappuccino?  
That's what he thought too...
Kit prepared his famous ribs for the weekend!  
I LOVE when Kit uses our smoker or BBQ...
Great things happen!  
It must be from growing up in Santa Maria♥.
And I made Kit's favorite chocolate cake:
We also gave Kit a picture from a photo shoot that I had done with the kids:
(It was really tough doing it by myself... 
It made me appreciate when Kit and I tackle them together.)
Ryder was not interested in taking any more pictures but I was able to get a few of Miss Eden:
Then on Saturday morning, Ryder and I made a little mini party for Kit to wake up to:
 
Complete with birthday doughnuts:


Then it was time for some presents:
We spread them throughout the day.  Here were some of the day's goodies:
(Ryder makes an amazing gift opener and loves to help out in any way he can...)
I can't wait for us to tackle some of these recipes!
(Hooray, Hooray for Bobby Flay!  I love this guy's recipes!)
 One of Kit's favorites as a kid and we wanted to share it with Ryder:
And thanks to our friend Alex's suggestion:
 Here's what it looks like:
This will make our little family adventures so fun to capture!
We ate Italian sandwiches for lunch from our favorite little Fullerton spot:
They are so good!
Kit had to work on Saturday night but when he got home, we rented Sherlock Holmes and enjoyed it!
We went to Church on Sunday morning and Ryder stayed in his classroom the whole time.  I am always so thankful when Kit and I can go to church together!
Then on Sunday afternoon, Kit smoked his ribs:
And we made a big pitcher of mojitos:
  (Captured with Kit's new lens)
 We ate with our family 
(and I don't have one picture to show for it...)
The day ended with phone calls and face time with our dad's:
(a.k.a. the "papas")
It was a wonderful weekend to celebrate!
Kit~
You are an incredible friend, supporter, teammate, and encourager. You have so many unbelievable qualities like patience, strength, and grace.  I love how you lead our family and couldn't respect you more!
You are an incredible man and I am so thankful that I get to share life with you!
Thank you for being an AMAZING "dada" to our babies.
I am so thankful for you!
I am so glad that you were born!
I couldn't love you more...