6.12.2012

snap shots of our day

~"The days are long and the years are short..."~
Have you heard that phrase?  Well, nothing makes it feel more true than being home with little people.  It's an honor to do it, but sometimes I think to myself, "What did I do today?"  I can always answer that I got some quality time with my favorite little people, but sometimes I look at the clock and I think to myself, "It's only 10 am and I have already cleaned the high chair twice, and I have already changed 5 diapers and done two loads of laundry and the day has barely even begun!"  
Then by the end of the day I think back to all the special moments that I was allowed to witness and experience with my kiddos throughout the day and I realize how blessed I am, and really how thankful I am to be here with them.
I get to see them experience and enjoy simple things:
Like when Ryder plays with his water and sand table and then realizes that sitting in it would be so much more fun:
Or reading a favorite book like Horton Hears a Who and then watching the movie for the first time: 
And then there is this face:
She smiles and giggles and is just the happiest baby!
Her face just kills me...

I am thankful for quiet evenings that we get to walk around our little neighborhood and enjoy good conversation:
When I look at my kids, I realize, how honored I am to be their mom.  I love looking at their little faces and watching their little personalities coming out and developing, I am so thankful that i ge the front row seat to see them grow.
And I am so thankful that Kit andI get to do it together...
It's a good life!