5.15.2012

Closet organizing

Nothing makes you go through your wardrobe like after you've had a baby.  I keep trying to get ready for things and either clothes are too big or too small so I decided that I would spend some time going through my clothes to take inventory of what I actually had, and I found out something pretty interesting:  I probably only wear about 30-40% of my clothes.  Which means so many things are sitting in there not being worn when I know that they could be getting used some place else.
So I went through every article of my clothes.  I mentally made outfits, I was able to group and put away maternity clothes that were way too big (which felt really good) and I was able to give away clothes that I hadn't even worn since before I had Ryder.  (I'm the girl that holds onto things...)
I use the reverse hanger method (that is what I call it...)  I saw this on an organizing show back in college and I do it every couple of years to help me purge my clothes for what I don't wear.
It also makes me look at what I haven't worn, instead of always going for the same things.  (I am a creature of habit!)
I put all the clothes hangers facing backwards and as you pull things out to wear, turn the hangers forward.  After a given period of time, whatever hangers are still backwards, you share with a friend or give away.
I started this a few weeks ago and decided to photograph each day.
Taking a picture each day encouraged me to GET DRESSED and also encouraged me to put makeup on...♥
Here were some favorites:
I have started to put flowers in my hair:
(an accessory that babies can't get to)
 This turned out to be a fun little project that really showed me how much better I feel when I get dressed in REAL clothes and put even the tiniest bit of effort towards my appearance.
Plus I have already started a bag of clothes to share with my sister.  YAY!
I hope you have a wonderful tuesday!