5.09.2012

only 75 minutes to go...

We have been dropping Ryder off over the last few weeks in his new two year old class at church.  Here is his routine:
note: when we drop him off we always say that we will be back and that we will ALWAYS come to get him.
After we drop him off in his class, he pulls a chair over to the door and sits there, waiting for us.  He will occasionally get up to listen to the lesson and do worship/music, but then he will go right back to his chair by the door.  The teachers call it his "comfort chair".  Our friend went to check on him for us and captured the "comfort chair":
His face kills me... and breaks my heart...  I hate dropping him off.
Our friend joked, "Only 75 minutes to go..."
I am so thankful that dropping him off is extremely infrequent...
(Once a week for 75 minutes...)
 I just don't think I could handle that face on a regular basis.