5.16.2012

a little "date"...

It is very rare that we have a chunk of time where Ryder is awake and Eden is asleep.  In fact, it usually happens when Ryder misses his nap.  The other day I was at my wits end with trying to get Ryder to sleep.  (If he doesn't nap, then I don't get  a break either...) So I did what any logical woman would do:
I called my spouse and cried.  I was exhausted and just wanted him to sleep.  Kit, in all his wisdom, recommended that we put a movie on and just snuggle on the couch together.  That way he might fall asleep and if not, then we would feel at least a little rested instead of playing hard outside.
It worked.  Ryder and I turned it into a little Toy Story date.  
We ate fruit chews and watched the movie while coloring our 20 inch coloring pages.
Buzz is the current favorite and hearing Ryder say BUZZ is one of the cutest things ever!
And you know what?  It worked!  I felt rested and I got to spend some very precious time enjoying my two year old.  It was a very fun little date and I hope that we get to do that more often!