5.04.2012

things that make us laugh

Kids, whether they know it or not, can do the funniest things.
Ryder really has no idea how unintentionally funny he is.
Here are a few examples that made me laugh recently:
I came into the garage to this scene:
Apparently Ryder didn't heed the SLOW sign and that dinosaur probably came out of nowhere and didn't even see it coming...  All Ryder said when he came into the house was "all done GRRRRRR".  Would that be considered a hit and run since he left the scene?
He will not let me trim his nails unless the dinosaur gets his nails trimmed first:
Good thing the dinosaur makes it look so painless... That makes my job so much easier...
If Ryder wants something that he knows he might not normally get, like juice, or to hold a remote, he tilts his head and gives the silliest smirk:
In this case, he was trying to get another cereal bar instead of eating his string cheese
I can have a hard time saying no to those eyes...  I am so weak sometimes!
He has no idea how obvious he is with wanting to be like his dad:
He was trying to tell us something and we didn't understand him right away.  He picked up this shirt and handed it to Kit, and Kit said, "Oh, you want to wear the shirt?"  And with the BIGGEST smile, he says, as clear as a a bell, "SURE!"  Like saying, "Hey if you are offering, I would LOVE to wear my dad's shirt..." 
Ryder Rae~
You are an incredible human being.  I love watching you and learning how your mind works.  You are such a sweet and relational kid and I am so thankful to be your mom.  I look forward to watching you grow and for sharing many laughs with you...  
I love you little man!