3.22.2011

Ryder-Proofing our home

In regards to child safety, Kit and I are trying to find a happy balance between padding the walls of our home and removing furniture, and letting him play with forks near outlets...
We knew it was just a matter of time before we were going to have to safety lock the kitchen, but the other day, when Ryder started standing independently and removing my cast iron cook ware, we knew that we had to make some changes fast. (this is the picture from when he stood by himself on March 8.
So after we finally got our act together, last week we installed locks on our kitchen doors. They take some getting used to but the fact that if he is not in my eyesight, I don't have to worry that he's playing with Comet from under the sink... now that is peace of mind!
I mean, could this face ever get into stuff he shouldn't...?