3.18.2011

Villians beware!

Ryder was invited to a superhero themed birthday party and we are really excited about it. He has been to some family parties but he was too little to really know what was going on. Now he is crawling and moving all around and he is always taking things in that are going on around him. All the kiddos are to come dressed as super heros and my little guy likes to, as I say, keep things simple so that he doesn't feel encumbered and so he can move around.

So I am making him a Super Ryder cape that will be lightly pinned to the back of a plain gray t-shirt.
The material I chose:
Wonder-Under makes it so that you can attach material to each other and so it stays in place while you sew... brilliant!
I found an 'r' that I liked and made a template so that I could trace it:
I ironed it in place:
then sewed it down to finish it off:
It will be fun to watch him at the party.
i hope to get lots of pictures of my little super hero!