3.01.2011

prayers...

I really love my job. I work one day a week and I get to be with new and growing families and i really consider that such an honor and privilege. I used to be a chemotherapy nurse and as some of you know me, that was a really hard fit for me. I am so much happier and joy filled now, but in our area, when it's sad, it's REALLY sad. I have been reading through a book of quotes and prayers of Mother Teresa and I came across this prayer and I have been finding myself saying certain phrases over and over, adn so I wanted to share it with you...

"Dearest Lord, may I see you today and every day in the person of your sick, and while nursing them, minister unto You. Though You hide yourself behind the unattractive disguise of the irritable, the exacting, the unreasonable, may I still recognize You and say, 'Jesus, my patient, how sweet it is to serve You.'"