3.04.2011

befriending a nemesis

I vacuum a lot. I have to say that I have NEVER vacuumed as much as I vacuum since Ryder has been born and crawling around on the floor. We will be playing and then I will get distracted by the ground up Cheerios that made their way to his room (especially since he only eats in his high chair...) Well, my little man has never been a fan of the vacuum cleaner. He would want to be held (very tightly) or in our back pack while it was on and I could tell that he was always happy when I put it away.
(Who am I kidding, I was happy to put it away too...)

So I must say that when I came in and he was laughing at it while actually touching it, I was thrilled! I then slowly turned it on and he didn't even flinch. We can safely say the vacuum cleaner is no longer Ryder's nemesis.

(Hey it sounds silly but for all the vacuuming we do at our house, it's nice to know that my using the vacuum will not be the reason Ryder ends up in therapy.)