3.21.2011

a little recap...

We have had so much fun over the last few days, with the conference last week and celebrating my sister's birthday yesterday. So here is a little recap over our last few days.

We arrived at the conference in San Diego and while sitting in our room on March 15, Ryder took his first steps (2 to be exact) and it was really fun to have Kit and I there to witness it. I just can't believe how fast time goes!

We quickly realized that traveling with an almost one year old is a very different hotel experience than when it was just us. We were given in a handicap room and so there was much more room so we were able to put Ryder in the bathroom.
We also had to bring the favorites for him to play with...
(The favorite game right now is stacking the blocks and Ryder knocking them down.)
In the mornings, I rigged up a "high chair" out of pillows and we would watch Sesame Street while eating Cheerios, and fruit.
On Wednesday, while Kit was speaking, we headed out to Hotel Coronado to walk around and get some lunch. I have never been there and the weather was perfect: sunny and warm with a cool breeze. Ryder was in his stroller and just enjoyed looking around at everything around him, when he wasn't dozing off...
Walking along the beach.
Then we headed back to the conference and we would hang out with other families and we went to dinner at the Yard house. Ryder sat, perfectly content for well over 2 hours. It was amazing. He just ate his food and laughed and pointed with his cute little chubby finger... Oh my gosh, I love this kid!
Ryder would also help at the booth.
Ryder loved being with Kit. We were able to watch the end of one of Kit's sessions and it only took Ryder a second to realize it was his dad, and as soon as he put it together, he started laughing and pointing and leaning forward to get down so he could crawl up to see Kit.
It was a great trip! I am so glad that we were able to tag along. I am sure that this is not the last conference we will be attending...

Then yesterday, we were able to head out to my parents house and celebrate my sister's birthday. It was so fun to be together.
It was a great few days. Have a happy Monday!