5.01.2018

a day of baseball...

This last Saturday, we had our regular little league game, then we had an evening of a parents/coaches baseball game, that was followed by Chic-Fil-A and a showing of The Sandlot.
I know that I have SO MANY years of this, but I can't tell you how much I enjoy watching my kid play sports.  He loves it so much!
We are always ready to cheer him on while we sit on the side lines...
It was grandparents weekend and our team mom put this together:
LOOK AT THE HANDS!
Our game went from 10a-12p and on a hot day, this sight brings me such joy:
These three are a few that have been a team together for the last 3 years... Oh the ruckus these three can cause, not to mention all of the flossing! Capturing little moments like this is so sweet!
Guess who played in the parents game...? 
Guess who had his name to be drawn for team captain? Yep, this guy.
Who's team won? Yep, this guy's team.
Ryder lost his mind watching Kit hit incredible line drives and make plays... He made have done some flossing. It's the dance of pure joy!❤︎
We just sat on the sideline and crushed hard on this guy:
Then it was movie time.
The Sandlot came out in 1993, which means I was 13.  I haven't seen it since then.
It was such a sweet night of community.  When our friends asked us to attend this evening at the beginning of the season, I don't think we realized how much fun we have in this community that God has given us.  Our kids go to school together, they spend evenings together at practice and we grab dinner afterwards.  Some live in our same neighborhood.  They will go through all their school years together and getting to know their families over the past three years has been such a blessing.  We look forward to many of seasons of memories together!❤︎