4.27.2015

Friday Family Days

Since I have been able to work on Thursdays, (thank you so much MOM for making that happen!), we have been trying to be incredible diligent at carving outFriday as a family day. There isn't anything super crazy about what we do, but it's just so special to be together.  Right now, friday are Kit's only day off so we capitalize on that time.
This last friday, while Kit was dropping Ryder off at school, Eden and I tackled another one of my (fake) green thumb projects for the kitchen.
I used lichen from Shaver Lake as the filler.
Our herb garden died, and the real succulents just weren't able to get sun, so I just couldn't keep anything alive there.  I know when I've been beat...
Kit made us cappuccinos and Eden kept sneaking sips...
She looks pretty innocent right?
Don't be fooled...♥
Then, after we picked up Ryder from school, we decided to get lunch at a new place that Kit had recently been introduced to:
 Those are truffle fries and they were so GOOD! We are definitely fans of this place...
We headed home for nap time, where only Eden napped since Ryder was too hopped up on lemonade and soda from lunch.  So he and Kit decided to tackle the garage: a project that has been looming over Kit for months!  (With all of the events that we had hosted, and the traveling that we have done, we realized that we hadn't put stuff away from when Kit went to India!)  
We always get so much more done when we have our "helpers"...
Kit was ecstatic with the result.
Then we absolutely feasted on an incredible pasta dinner:
(My Papa Sal taught Kit how to make a red sauce (or gravy), and he makes it just like him...)
Eden's face says, "Leave me alone, I'm eating!"
We ended our day with watching a movie, having popcorn and hot chocolate.
Oh you guys, I can't tell you how AMAZING days like these are for our family.  We feel like we are ready to tackle the world!