4.17.2015

big kids live at our house

Well, with Ryder's broken clavicle and Eden potty training and needing to get up at night if needed, we bumped up our time frame for getting each kiddo into a bigger bed on April 10.
Here is the before for Ryder's room:
And here is the after:
We purchased his twin and he picked out his bedding for his birthday.
(Seriously, what DOESN'T Costco have?)
I was trying to get a set that he could have for awhile and that would grow with him.  the blue that he picked worked perfect with the pillows that I had made.
So then that made his toddler bed available for his sister:
Here is the before for Eden's room:
And here is the after:
This is the stepping stone until we will get some type of trundle or day bed in her room to help with hosting guests.  I just walk into each of the kids rooms and smile because they both seem to really fit my kiddos.
Here are the photos of their first nights in their beds:
  (Even through the graininess of the photos, I can still feel their giddiness from that evening...)
When we went to take a picture, 
she said, "Guys, I'm SLEEPING!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I so clearly remember getting the crib when we were pregnant with Ryder.  Kit had been at church and my sister and I had put it together to surprise him.  I had just started to feel Ryder moving and my heart was so full of joy and anticipation with the upcoming birth of our first baby.  I am not going to lie and tell you I wasn't a little bit nostalgic taking it down.  I have had that crib up in our home for over five years and there has always been one of my sweet babies in it.  The teeth marks on the rail left from the kids teething days. The very vivid memories of hearing their newborn cries and thinking that they looked so small, and getting them in those early weeks for midnight feedings and there they would be, looking up at me with those big eyes from the center of that crib. When they were older,  I think of ALL the times when I would hear them call for me by saying "MAMA!!!"  (Both of our kids still nap and though Eden could climb out of it, she would always wait for us to come and get her...)  It really is so sweet  to think of all the memories entwined with that crib and of all the new memories that we will make with this big kid chapter of life.  It's a good life and I am so glad that we are carving out time to savor it and be present in it.♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have I mentioned that Eden is potty trained?!?
That means that we will be a cribless, DIAPERLESS house!
(Ask me how NOT nostalgic I am about changing a 3-year-old's poopie diapers.♥)