4.16.2015

Ryder's in-class birthday party

I got this note in Ryder's back pack a couple weeks back:
Ryder was SO excited!
So yesterday I got to go to Ryder's class to help celebrate his birthday, bring treats, and read a book to all the kids.  We made rice krispie treats and brought juice boxes and Ryder picked one of our favorites: Too Many Toys! by David Shannon
We had fun the day before making the Rice Krispie treats together:
He might only have one arms, but that will not stop him from helping!
It feels so special to go to Ryder's class.  Having me in his classroom means that for him, his home world and his school world collide and to watch him navigate the excitement of that is really sweet.♥  
 
Our friend Keri watched Eden so that I could give my full attention to my big kid and his little friends...♥