1.15.2015

i've got (fake) green thumbs

Right after thanksgiving, I'm always so excited to put Christmas decorations up and have the house feel so decorated and cosy, covering every space with greenery and tchotchkes that just make me feel in the holiday spirit.  The funny thing is, fast forward to December 26th and I am ready for it to all come down.  (Does anyone else feel that way?) I'm ready to clear spaces, wipe things down, have open counters and shelves and pack away all those things I was so excited to pull out just a mere 26 days before.  This year however, in my mode of clearing the greenery from my bookshelves and taking down our tree, the house suddenly felt sparse and bare to me.  I missed all the green that I had been seeing on the shelves, so I decided to pull in some plants that I can have up all year round.  It just took me a little time to figure out what would work best.
Then I went in my closet and realized that I had my collection of thrifted milk glass that had just been sitting and waiting to be used!
So using a gift card and coupon that I had at Joann's, I picked up these little babies:
(It was my first outing in several days alone, since the kids had been sick and Kit had been working so hard in preparation for his teaching weekend...)
 The finished products:
Bringing in these plants also made me want to move things around and that is always fun for me.
Now, not only do I get to see the greenery, but I get to see some of my favorite milk glass pieces that I have thrifted and have just been sitting in the closet. Plus, it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to kill them, so it's a win all the way around...♥