4.03.2015

perspective

I have been overwhelmed looking at the month of April and all that it holds.  (To be honest,  I get overwhelmed pretty easily and find that I have much less margin than so many people that I know...)Specifically Easter and Ryder's birthday are the two biggest things that come right at the beginning of the month.  Easter is HUGE for us: getting to celebrate that Jesus came and died for us and then he rose from the dead and how all that allows us to live in relationship with a Savior that LOVES us and wants what is best for us that we can live eternally with him!  We get to celebrate "He is risen, He is risen, indeed!" 
Here is what Ryder's preschool class said about Easter:
I want my kids to get WHY Easter is so special, to really see how this is so much bigger than egg hunts and chocolate bunnies and easter baskets of toys, but I want the balance that they can enjoy those things too!  Do you know what I mean? 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is also a time of nostalgia for me because on April 6 of 2010, we welcomed Ryder into the world, two days after Easter.  I remember being so uncomfortable and HUGE, but thinking of how sweet it would be to have him with us the following year.  Kit was the family pastor at the time and I remember he watched me so closely, thinking I could deliver our kiddo at ANY time, just hoping it happened AFTER tear down that Sunday afternoon...♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So fast forward to this year and here we get to be in this incredible house and have so many celebrations of Easter and of new life in Christ and our son's 5th birthday party celebration.  That should be such fun, right?  Instead, I am caught up on what we are making for each event and the menu (Italian problems), and the logistics of the kids and class parties and how to get two hard boiled eggs to his preschool without them cracking, and sewing table cloths for his party and trying to figure out how to make miniature bow and arrows out of popsicle sticks and floss (Don't ask,  but Pinterest is to blame...),  Oh yah, and trying to figure out how to have Eden in Easter clothes at the Orange County fairgrounds, while she is currently potty training and just last week she was refusing to do a poo in anyplace other than her underwear...? (She is, thankfully doing SO GREAT! But still, you get the idea...) Just reading my list, I realize how much my perspective needs to be adjusted! 
So I sat and prayed while my kids napped, wrote this phrase on our message board, and when the kids woke up, we pulled out their bible and read the story of Easter.
It was the recalibration that I needed.
So this weekend, on this Good Friday, my prayer is that He is the center off all of the festivities and celebrations and that people will experience that he is REAL!
Here is what we are doing today!

Here is where we will be on Sunday and if you would like to join us, you let me know, I will save you a seat!
OC Easter at The Pacific Amphitheater
Date: Sunday, April 5, 2015

Times: 9am & 11:15am

OCEASTER.COM