10.01.2014

feeling so much more at home...

Happy October First!  
I just can't believe October is here...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have been settling in more and more to the house and this last week, we made a huge step towards making this house feel like "us" and feeling more like HOME!
The change happened in our living room:
Before:
And here was the "during":
(Trying to tackle two 70 pound book shelf boxes and a 50 pound tv stand box, filled with styrofoam that Eden INSISTED on shredding and dragging all through the house...  I surprised Kit when he got home from work so it meant letting her have whatever would make her happy so that I could get the project done!)
After:
We are still tweaking and figuring out what works where.
This is where we go when we have movie nights, when we read with the kids, or when we sit and talk about our day.  This is a HUGE part of where we live life together! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I unpacked four boxes of my vintage books and keepsakes that have been sitting in a closet since we moved.  I was so emotional pulling these things out because when I had packed them, we hadn't found our Tustin house yet, but our Fullerton house had sold and I didn't know where my new home would be.  Getting to see these little special keepsakes that I love so much out on display made my heart so happy and I praise God for all that He has done through this move and His faithfulness when my heart was not trusting.  It's good to be HOME!