10.02.2014

Before and After: Finally Some Laundry Space

I have been trying to tackle this project for MONTHS!  Our laundry space is located in our garage, right before you enter the house.  It's pretty much the first thing that we see EVERY TIME we come home. It's what greets us and for a few months it looked like this:
I had cleaned the inside of the cabinets but lost energy when it had come to the outside. Gross!  It also became the dumping ground for anything and everything.  (This picture was actually a cleaner day than usual...)  I really hated being there, but guess what NEVER goes away?  Yep, laundry.  I don't even mind doing it, but I HATED doing it there, and lets be honest, when you have a task that you HAVE to do, you want to make it as nice as possible.  So awhile ago, I rolled up my sleeves and did some deep cleaning to get it to this:
I'm not going to lie, I may have burned a brain cell or two from all the bleach that was needed to get this place clean. (Remember how the previous owner was an 86 year old cat hoarder?  GROSS!!!)
Ok, so now it was so much cleaner but still felt pretty blah...
I decided to utilize that wall by the dryer.
 I had some free printables done and have LOVED reading over them while I do my laundry loads:
Plus, I love that I have space for my helper to get in on the action:
(On this particular day we were washing her beloved "blankie" and she helped me spray and wash our clothes.  What a helper bug♥! I can see maybe adding some hooks or maybe some bunting under the shelves at some point... 
All that to say, I love seeing this space when I come home.  I had no idea how much a little project like this could make me feel more at home and settled♥...