10.23.2014

crows

In our front walk way, we have this large white wall where we have planted hydrandreas, but due to all the heat, they have been taking forever to come in.
The combo of the dirty/stained stucco and the vast white space isn't my favorite, but with halloween and trick-or-treaters coming, I thought we could give it a tiny facelift that would make it more holiday friendly!
We decided to go with a scarecrow and birds and Eden and I made it our project on one of the days that Ryder had preschool.  We got the scarecrow at Michaels for $4, Eden picked her out,  so I just picked up some of the black felt (that feels pretty stiff) to make the crows.  It was much easier to work with...
 I picked an image that I liked to trace:
 I use our screen like a light box:
 Then just cut them out using sewing scissors:
 Then I had my handy helper tell me where they should go.
When Ryder got home, he was so excited to see it all finished.
(She wanted to cross her arms like her brother...)
Now it REALLY feels like we are ready for those neighbors to come and visit!