10.17.2014

16 years

16 years ago, Kit asked me to be his girlfriend.  We had just turned 18, both freshman at Biola University, and had only known each other for a couple of months.  That evening, he shared about how he desired to be intentional with our relationship, to pursue me in an honoring way and that he would lead our relationship in a way that would glorify the Lord.  And then he prayed for us, that Christ would remain in the center of our relationship and that He would give us wisdom and strength to follow Him, and that we would know how to love each other well.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Kit had never dated anyone before.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Fast forward almost five years later and we were married, then fast forward almost 12 years and here we are today.  We have celebrated together in joy, and grieved together in sorrow. Two houses, 1 miscarriage, two babies, MULTIPLE job changes, loss of loved ones, three degrees and a whole lot of traveling and cooking and eating and laughing and fighting for "Us" and building a life together,  here we stand today:  more in love than we were all those years ago, those two starry eyed kids who thought they knew so much and were so thankful to have each other.  What an incredible journey it has been and I am so blessed to share life with this man.
Kit Rae~
You show me incredible glimpses of who God is, how He loves, how He forgives, and how He celebrates and mourns with us.  
You serve our family with integrity and character and service and strength.  You are kind and strong and I respect who you are.  You are a man that knows his convictions, knows what he wants and fights for what he knows to be right.  You are my best friend.  I love you and am so thankful that I am part of the Story that Christ is writing for you.
You are the one that my soul loves, and I choose you and only you...