10.09.2014

Fall...

I love that October is here but the hot weather that we have had has been making it feel more like summer than like my favorite season of autumn.  All that said, we are plugging away and darn it, we are going to enjoy this season and enjoy it for what it is, despite the heat.
We made treats for our teachers:
I got a free candle at Bath and Body Works:
(the irony of the name of the scent is not lost on me...)
I have it out on our coffee table and light it when Eden is no where in sight:
(The Little Miss likes to put her fingers in the wax...)
Fall additions to the pantry, thanks to Trader Joe's:
And here are my favorite little "fall" spots around our house:
(Primarily focused on our new bookshelves, since that is where we spend so much time together.)
 Pulling out our seasonal books is always such a treat because it feels like we get a whole slew of new  books with out spending any money...
Our Shaver Lake acorns:
(I have a feeling that these will stay up year round♥...)
Hoping that the weather cools off so that we can pull out these family blankets.  (The bottom one was made by my great grandma, Nonnie, and my mom.)
Having a chalkboard has been so fun as something that we can update as we want:
As the newest remodeled room in our house, our guest bathroom had to get a little love, even if it was just one tiny white pumpkin:
Our mantle:
I didn't want to change too much because I just love it how it is:
Our house is primarily decorated in the autumn colors of greens, oranges, and yellows, so without doing too much, it feels like "fall" in our house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This time last year, I feel like we knew that a move was coming, even if we weren't ready to admit it to ourselves. Because of that, last year I didn't feel as into the holiday and decorating, I just went through the motions for my Littles.
This year feels so different and I am sure that is why...♥
What a praise this move is!
I am so excited about this season and all the family time and memories that it will hold for our family!