8.15.2012

Seven

On our vacation, I read the book Seven by Jen Hatmaker
It was so inspiring and thought provoking.  Some of my family read it too and we had such great conversations about it.  
I have been letting the ideas of the book simmer.  The book really mirrored lent.  I really enjoyed the challenge of it, but I would have to be careful that the goal of doing any type of experiment like this would not be to lose weight, or save money or give our stuff away, but that it would be a spiritual experience, one that the Lord would be in the center of, and that my heart would be transformed in the process.
I don't want it to be a self help book.
So we are praying what  the Lord would have us do with this challenge.
I will keep you posted!
If you want to learn more about the book or the author, go here.