8.21.2012

creating: poppy head band

I have recently realized that I really need to create on a regular basis.  Whether it is photography or scrapbooking or card making, or something more that involves a run to the craft store and the sewing machine, I really need to make it a part of my regular routine.  It makes me use a different part of my brain and there it so much satisfaction that comes with it, creating something for the kids, or for our family, or for friends...  I just love it!  And since Eden has been sleeping though the night for the last four months, I have really been incorporating more projects during nap times and in the evening.  I'm having fun getting back into a groove with it.   It is only recently that I have realized how LIFE GIVING those "little" projects are for me.
It's different with two little people in my life.  When Ryder was a baby, I knew that I still had lots of time for doing projects because when he slept, there was no one else that needed me.  I have really had to be more intentional with my time, but it got so much better when I had the kids sleeping at the same time.   
So, all that to say, after making this goal of creating, I have been scouring pinterest and blogs for fun ideas that I can try.  
So here is the first one I tackled: 
a flower head band for my Eden Marie.
Of course I had to do a little photo shoot of my girl!
 
 
 I am really excited about these opportunities to create.
Thank you for sharing this little adventure with me.
I'm excited to share more of my projects with you!