8.22.2012

noggins

On monday, Eden had her 6 month well check appointment.  After getting her weights and measurements, it was assessed that her head measured  >99 percentile for her age.  It was off the chart.  So our pediatrician ordered for us to have an ultrasound the following day to make sure that there was no fluid on the brain.  (So at this point my anxiety was though the roof... Fluid on the brain?)  I was really quick to mention to our doctor all the people in our family that have large noggins (You know who you are♥.  She still sent us for the ultrasound.)
So on tuesday she had her ultrasound and she did really well.  I mean, she sobbed the entire time, which made me a nervous wreck, but it was over and they got the images they needed.  (I found out later that the sonographer who scanned Eden was a former student of my mom's, so I know she was trained by the best...)  We got the ambiguous "I can't tell you anything but don't worry" so we headed home to wait.  My nature is to worry and think the worst. (I googled "brain shunts" when I got home and immediately turned the computer off.)
I realized how parenthood puts you into such a place of dependence on Christ.  My friend Madelyn reminded me that He created my baby.  Every little inch of her, from those pudgy thighs to her big blue eyes, to her gummy smile that lights up any room she is in.
I found such comfort in those words.  So we are waiting.  The official results should be coming by tomorrow.
It's something out of my control.
It puts me on my knees.
I reminds me who our Creator is.  How BIG He is.
How much He loves us and is with us.
Thank you to our friends and family for your prayers, your kind words and encouragement.  I love you so much and am so thankful that you are in my life.
Mom~
Thank you for being willing to clear your day and be with me.
Also, thank you for training the best sonographers ever!  
I love love love you!