12.20.2011

C9 lights and Contractor's Paper

Last year, we stocked up on the C9 lights for our house.  We had done white lights for years, and thought it would be fun to do something different...
This year, Kit incorporated our tree and our fence into the lighting.  

I love coming home to seeing the house so bright!
It makes us so happy!
Thank you Kit for doing all the hard work!
Also this year, I decided that I wanted to try to think outside the box when it came to wrapping paper.  Enter a trip to the home improvement store.
I found a HUGE roll of this contractor's paper and twine.
(I am sure that I will be using this for MANY presents, with 140 feet, I am sure that I will be wrapping Ryder's graduation presents with this stuff...)
 I made the tags out of the chalkboard contact paper I had from Michael's with the punch I had from my scrapbooking stuff:
 The finished product:
It is very simple and I love with how it came out.  I was trying to think of how I could get a sprig of greenery in there, but will have to wait until closer to Christmas.  I am thinking maybe some rosemary from our yard...  We will see.
 Wrapping gifts is so much fun!  Thinking of each gift for that special person and then getting to give it to them... 
It's the best!
I hope that you are having a wonderful time in preparation for special time with family and friends!
May this time be merry and BRIGHT!