12.09.2011

My Ryder


I was having an emotional day yesterday, (thank you hormones) and I burst into tears in front of Ryder.  It was for a reason completely unrelated to my little man, he just happened to be present when I couldn't keep it together anymore.  This is what my little man did:
He pulled my hand down so that I would sit on the floor at his eye level, all while I am saying "Mommy is just a little sad, but I'm ok, it's ok to be sad sometimes..."
Ryder took my face in his hands, pointed to one of my tears, and then threw his little arms around my neck.  He let go only to see that I was smiling and then continued with his hug.  Then I said,"Oh, thank you so much! I think I need a kleenex, will you come with me?"

He nodded, held my hand while we walked to the bathroom for a tissue, and I started to wipe off all my makeup, and then he took the tissue out of my hand and wiped my face, then proceeded to hug my neck really tight.  At the end, feeling so much better for all the TLC I received FROM MY 1 1/2 YEAR OLD, we headed to the kitchen for a snack.
I said a prayer with him in my lap and he just sat, holding my hands.
I was so proud of the tenderness that our little man displayed.  What a huge heart he has and we can already see what a relational, empathetic person he is.  I am so proud to be this little man's mom!

(I of course called Kit bawling at what an amazing kid we have. 
 Needless to say, there was quite a few tears yesterday.)