2.10.2010

Power Outages...

So we lost power yesterday from 9 am until 2 pm. It was only five hours, but it made me laugh how much I depend on electricity. I realized how much time I spend on the computer, how much all my cooking deals with the microwave, oven or some appliance and how much I have music on so that the house isn't too quiet. I couldn't go anywhere because my car was in the garage and I couldn't get the door up and all my clocks were out and my cell phone was dead so I had no idea what time it was until the mail man came and he always comes around 1 pm. I had to share with you how codependent I am on electricity and that I survived (note sarcasm) even though I couldn't check my email for the 100 times that day and there is a lot of food that doesn't require the use of an outlet. Who'd have thought!
What my "powerless" day looked like:
~cleaned a little
~took bath to help with fever
~read (first to Ryder than my own book)
~napped
~ate peanut butter and jelly sandwich and tangelo off our tree
~napped again (note I had a fever)

So I am going to try to conserve more and be aware of how much energy I use in a day...
It should be interesting and eye opening...(and if anything like today, pretty restful...)