2.09.2010

Feeling yucky...

I have been home sick the last few days and so far it doesn't feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have been coughing so hard that I pulled an abdominal muscle (which happens to be located right where Ryder likes to be) so I have been having really sharp pain each and every time I cough, twice to where I burst into tears because it hurt so bad. I feel so bad for my little man, I have these huge coughing fits and then I get a contraction or two and so needless to say, the little guy has not had the calmest of environments a we approach our 8th month marker. Doc Holiday has nothing on me.

I was feeling really sorry for myself today because I added a fever to the mix and that made me feel even lousier. Then I realized how much I have to snap out it. So I am sick, anything terminal, NO. Is Kit taking care of me and putting up with my whiney ways? YES. Do I have a job that I love that covers me when I am sick? YES. Just turn on the news and you can see how much real pain and heart ache is out there. I hate how self absorbed I can be.

I have been keeping a journal for years now and I often write things that I am thankful/grateful for, things that I count as blessings in my life. We hope to have a gratitude journal with our kids as well so that they can see, as well as Kit and I, how much we truly have. It sounds silly, but it's days like today that I need to pull that journal out so that I can really get a grip.

Things that I added to the list today:
~Our healthy pregnancy
~My bed that is sheltered from the rain and cold outside
~Kit and his persistent spirit
(which got me my medication 24 hours sooner than I would have gotten it had I dealt with it on my own... Kit worked his magic... THANKS HONEY!)
NOTE: I could have a whole book on things I am thankful for about Kit, but this particular one hit home today
~The ability to read a good book
~Sisters and Mothers who love you even when you are at your grouchiest
Thank you guys for checking up on me. I feel very loved...

So what would you put in a gratitude journal today? I would love to hear. The best thing is that it brings joy to hear others thankful hearts and then people can be thankful with you...