2.19.2010

a little project for our little man

I have an idea for Ryder's room. Here is a hint...
It's a mobile!
Ok, ok, it doesn't light up or help put a newborn to sleep, but I am so excited about it anyway...

I found this hanging frame at Urban Outfitters. Then I used some orange and chocolate brown card stock that I had from my card making stash. (The colors match the material perfectly...) I cut them into 3 inch squares to keep the mobile balanced.
Then I went though my iPhoto events and picked out favorite pictures of our immediate family and cropped them and turned them sepia. I ordered them in the wallet size at Costco because that size worked the best for the 3 inch squares.

I applied them randomly to the colored squares and here is the final product...
I know that, for awhile, he won't be able to see that great, having his vision inverted and black and white and all that stuff they say about newborn vision, but we love the idea that he goes to sleep looking at people that love him. Now that's the making of some sweet dreams!

We suspended the mobile from a hook anchored in the ceiling with fishing line. Kit is all about safety when he does projects for Ryder so that sucker is not going anywhere...