2.02.2010

Home

I love quiet days that I get to just be at home. I am a homebody and I can't get enough of being in my own space. I read, I watch movies, I bake/cook, I clean, I garden and recently have been thoroughly enjoying my "nesting" phase. It has also been so fun to feel Ryder moving throughout the day! It is the greatest thing ever, but I just can't wait to meet him!

I know that these quiet alone moments are numbered as Ryder's birth day gets closer, but I know that I will appreciate them even more when he is down for a nap or just cuddling in my arms. I really can't wait to watch Kit with him. I think that will be one of the best things ever!

Kit and I were talking today about how our family won't just be the two of us anymore. I know that so many wonderful things will come with his arrival, but it is interesting to think of life with another human being in our house and how our family will include another person.
It has been the two of us for so long. We have been married over seven years and together for over 11 and I keep thinking how crazy it is that our family, that we started together is expanding! I think that it hits us at different times, but it is so nice to be able to be on the same page with my Kit. He makes parenthood so much less daunting to me. I love that he is my teammate...