9.10.2015

Ryder's first day of school!

Oh my goodness, it feels so long since that first day on September 1!  It went so much better than we could even have imagined.  My mom and sister came into town to give me emotional support and it was AMAZING! Thank you guys for loving on me so well!
Here are some photos we took before we left:
Ryder really wanted to eat waffles with a candle in them and for us to sing about his first day.  We were happy to comply.
He is only in half day so all I pack for him is a snack.  He felt SO BIG!
We took A TON of pictures. 
Getting to the school (and holding it together pretty well, I might add...❤️)
His teacher greeted everyone and we found his spot at his desk and there was a handprint craft that they wanted the parents to do with their little one.  This is where I lost it.  It's this poem about their tiny fingers and all that they will do with their little hands... Yah, that is just mean... but I will love having those handprints, so I will forgive his amazing teacher.❤️
She also gave the kiddos these sweet little bags of treats:
As soon as we hugged and kissed him and we were outside of his class, I burst into tears and said, "BUT HE'S JUST SO LITTLE!" My mom and sister had tears too.  That's solidarity right there.
Kit then headed to work and we headed to Sidecar Doughnuts to eat our emotions.❤️  It was amazing.  We sat and talked for well over an hour and it was so good for my soul to sit there with people who love Ryder as much as I do... They were in it with me!
I was so happy to see this little munch when we picked him up!  It's only half day kindergarten but it still felt long.  I am so happy for him and this new adventure.  He seams to be doing really well with making sweet friends and I have gotten to meet some of the moms of his friends and they are so kind. (Weird little fact, the two friends that he has been drawn to are little guys named Luke and Graham, both of which have moms that stay home and have three year old little sisters... Can I tell you how excited I am that he has little friends that he is excited to see every day?!?❤️)