9.01.2015

heading to kindergarten!

These last few days, we have been getting ourselves ready for this big day.  Today is Ryder's first day of kindergarten! I am excited to capture all today holds, but here are a few snapshots with getting him all ready from the past few days!
We made a "survival kit" for his teacher:
 Ryder told me what he wanted her card to say... It was so sweet!
Ryder picked the combination of his uniform that he wanted to wear and we made sure that everything was washed, laid out, and ready to go:
(He specifically asked me to make sure that the socks and underwear were set out too...♥)
He asked if we could read books and snuggle on our bed.  We were there four almost two hours...
During this time, Ryder and I were able to talk about how he was feeling about school and his reply was, "I'm a little nervous, but I'm REALLY REALLY more excited!"
(Me too, buddy, me too...)
All of the sudden my baby boy looks so big!
Then we worked on our school family project.  We got the instructions for it at the back to school night and he was SO excited to do it!
He has been asking me to put a note in his snack bag:
(I know he can't read it, but he will LOVE that we sent him a "high five"...)
I asked what he wanted for diner and he requested tacos.  We had some fun with our chalkboard placemats:
we read a verse from Colossians over him at bed time and talked about how exciting this new chapter is.  He is ready.  He is going to absolutely rock it!
These next few days are for getting into a rhythm and schedule and for finding our groove...
We are excited for all that this new school adventure holds for our entire family...❤️