9.24.2015

$13 dollars and a little bit of elbow grease

A few days ago, I tackled a little project that I have been wanting to do since we moved in.  There is nothing like checking something off of our house project list!  So using a $13 can of paint and some elbow grease...
I sanded and painted all of our stair railings.
Here is what they looked like when we moved in:
And then after the stairs were refinished:
Just little chips here and there...
We had our steps done while Kit was in India last February and these railings have been needing some love for awhile now.   
It feels so good to have this project finished.  I know that eventually we might want to replace the railings but at this time, getting a fresh coat of paint on them has made it feel so much better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I think about this staircase,  I can't help but think about my kiddos.  I think about Eden and Ryder waking up and coming down with their blankets, Eden sucking her thumb and Ryder talking about how he wants waffles and bacon for breakfast.  I think of when Eden goes on a "daddy date" with Kit and how she waits at the top of the stairs in her outfit with her special jewelry, spinning with excitement of her time alone with her dad.  I think of Ryder coming down in his Angels baseball hat with his glove and ball in hand, ready to play catch with anyone that is ready to play... There are so many little memories that we are making and my heart wants to burst and break thinking about how my babies are going to grow up around these steps...❤️